Who are the Trefoil Guild?
The Trefoil Guild is an organisation of over 20,000 members — mostly made up of women and men who have been and still are connected with Guiding and Scouting.
There is at least one guild in each of the three divisions of our county. Each Guild is different, depending on size, location or the individual needs and interests of the members. Many Guilds join together from time to time either with their local Guild or with others in their County, Country or Region.
What do we do?
Members live the spirit of Guiding and Scouting in their own community by offering practical help to Girlguiding UK, and supporting Guiding and Scouting worldwide.
Can I become a member and support Girlguiding?
- Members live the spirit of Guiding and Scouting in their own community by offering practical help to Girlguiding UK, and supporting Guiding and Scouting worldwide.If you were in Guiding or Scouting and enjoyed the camaraderie and meeting friends with a similar outlook, you can join a Trefoil Guild near you!
- If you are having a break from Guiding or Scouting, you will find the Trefoil Guild is the place to be!
- If you hold a role in Girlguiding or are a Scouter, you will find joining the Trefoil Guild is for you
Even if you have never been involved in either Guiding or Scouting, there is always a warm welcome for anyone who likes the idea of learning something new, travelling, meeting new people or getting involved in local Guiding & Scouting projects.
How do I join?
You can become a:
- Full Member – if you are 18 or over, have been a member of either Guiding or The Scout Association, or are willing to make the Guide or Scout Promise.
- Associate Member – if you have a role in Girlguiding or hold a Scouter’s unit appointment card.
- Affiliate Member – if you subscribe to the aims and principles of the two Associations but are not able to make the Promise.
In Wales, email TrefoilWalesCymru@yahoo.co.uk
or visit the website at www.TrefoilGuildWales-Cymru.org.uk
Is there a Trefoil Guild in my county?
Trefoil Guilds exist in:
- Cardiff & East Glamorgan
- Central Glamorgan
- Radnorshire and West Glamorgan